What’s new for EU data protection?
Is your data compliant ?
GDPR, POPI and CloudINX
If you’re doing business in the EU or South Africa. You’ll need to comply with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). or (POPI) (Protection of Privacy Informtion) CloudINX can help your company support these requirements.
On May 25, 2018, the EU Data Protection Directive will be replaced by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). GDPR expands protection for EU residents, giving them greater control over the collection and use of their personal data and online activity. It broadens the scope of the law to impose direct statutory obligations on data processors and non-compliance fines of up to €20 million or 4% of annual worldwide turnover (whichever is higher) for material breaches.
Organizations subject to GDPR oversight are responsible for the following:
- Appropriate measures for protecting personal data
- Transparent data handling processes
- Ability to demonstrate compliance
- Accountability regarding data privacy governance
GDPR applies to organizations involved in the following activities:
- Processing of personal data in the EU
- Having subsidiaries, branches, representatives or agents in the EU
- Offering goods or services to individuals in the EU
- Monitoring the behavior of individuals in the EU